With the guidance and legal implications around close contact services now updated we have been able to establish what this means in terms of safety within the salon. Therefore, we have further augmented safety measures over and above those stipulated whilst infection rates remain as they are. By fully meeting all government requirements and further adding to that expectation through the addition of our own requirements, we hope to provide the safest environment we can. To clarify those expectations we list below that which you may expect of us and that which we ask of our clients. In doing so we hope to paint a clear, transparent picture of how the salon will look as we move forward.
What to expect from us:
- The salon will operate on a ‘one-in-one-out’ basis, with only one member of staff and one client present at any one time.
- On arrival, clients will be requested to inform staff of any new, continual cough, high temperature or loss of (or change to) sense of taste or smell.
- Clients will be provided with hand sanitiser and face covering both of which will be a requirement within the salon.
- Government guidance (section 1.1) stipulates that hairdressers, barbers, beauticians and tattooists MUST wear a face visor and is very clear on this point. We will be wearing not only the specified visor but an additional face mask also.
- Wherever possible there will be the further addition of Perspex screens between the therapist and the client. Please request further details if required.
- Sin to skin contact will be avoided with your therapist wearing gloves. Only in exceptional circumstances would this not be the case and in such a case further mitigation taken. It is our aim to avoid such contact entirely at this time.
- The range of treatments we are able to offer is greatly reduced. With the face being classed as a ‘High Risk Zone’ we are afraid that NO treatments to the face are to be offered. To do so is A) dangerous and B) something that comes with a possible two year prison sentence ! Please respect us, other therapists and above all yourselves by not requesting such treatments at this time. It is for the safety of you, us and the wider community.
- Both Hollywood and Brazilian waxing will be suspended for the moment (bikini wax still available).
- Longer/multiple treatments are currently unavailable - massage will be limited to half an hour leg or back for example.
- A ‘service period’ will be left between each client to allow for sanitisation of equipment and seating etc. Clients arriving early will be asked to remain outside until such sanitisation is complete.
- Soft furnishings have temporarily been removed as they may not be easily cleaned.
- WC facilities will not be available to clients at this time.
- Whilst such requirements remain necessary it is regrettable that a small charge of £1.50 must be added to each appointment to help mitigate the inevitable losses we will incur whilst operating within the guidelines. This may be subject to change as and when the situation changes.
- Vouchers purchased before lock down will be valid for a further four months from the date of issue.
- Payment may still be made via the usual channels. If paying by cash please have the correct payment available as to avoid the requirement for change.
What we ask of our clients:
- Attendance by appointment only. All bookings and consultations by telephone.
- Do not attend your appointment if feeling unwell giving as much notice of cancellation as possible.
- Keep belongings brought into the salon to a minimum and if the removal of clothing is required please ensure any such clothing is ‘clean on’.
- Please bring only yourself to your appointment. Children, partners etc will not be permitted.
- Please arrive for your appointment at the given time slot.
- On arrival, please wait outside where you will be greeted and given entry to the salon.
- On entering the salon clients will be required to wash their hands with provided sanitiser and wear the face mask provided.
- During your actual treatment we ask that talking is kept to an absolute minimum and of low volume whilst your therapist is in close proximity.
- No food or drink is to be permitted (water may be provided).
- Please use toilet facilities at home before your appointment. For the moment, WC facilities will be limited to staff.
- Kim Stanley Health and Beauty shares an entrance foyer with Cleobury Chiropractic. Please be respectful of social distancing whilst entering/exiting the building.
Through the above I have tried to outline how my salon will operate at this difficult time. I would also, therefore, try to outline an ethos for the salon as we all try our best to move forward. In this so called new normal we will perhaps wish to understand such an ethos when considering the safety of both ourselves and those around us.
I appreciate that for some, the prospect of venturing out to a beauty salon is a daunting one. Perhaps after shielding for a long period of time. Perhaps concerned about spreading the virus to others. Or more obviously, wishing to avoid contracting the virus. But there should be no pressure to go anywhere before you feel safe and comfortable to do so. You will know when that time is right for you. As a business, we hope to be here for you at that time. At the moment, home is almost certainly the safest place to be if it is where you feel comfortable and secure.
For some, what has been outlined in my previous posts will no doubt be 'over the top'. They have no intention of wearing a face mask. Lock downs and government guidelines don’t apply to them. None of the 45,000 lives lost to this virus was a family member or a friend. They're not going to catch it. For the sake of everyone else, home is also the safest place for them to be. I am afraid not my salon at this present time.
Those not willing to abide by the conditions outlined may wish to seek alternative provision at this time. To everyone else, I look forward to seeing you all soon (or the top half of your face anyway) and look forward even more to a time when we can return to the old normal. Thank you all again for your wonderful support throughout this time. Kim X