With an ever changing set of guidelines, and increasingly blurred interpretation of these within close contact services such as beauty, hairdressing, nail bars etc., it is not surprising that lots of clients have had lots of questions about how those rules stand at the moment. Do I have to wear a mask ? Will I be in a room with other clients ? Should my therapist be wearing a mask, or a visor ? Or both ? Below is an outline of how these guidelines currently effect a visit to the salon and a further link to full guidelines for those wishing to read further:
- Currently, the salon will operate on a ‘one-in-one-out’ basis, with only one member of staff and one client present at any one time.
- On arrival, clients will be requested to inform staff of any new, continual cough, high temperature or loss of (or change to) sense of taste or smell.
- Clients will be provided with hand sanitiser and fresh face covering.
- Staff working in close contact services are required to wear both a Type II face mask and clear face visor.
- Wherever possible there will be the further addition of Perspex screens between the therapist and the client.
- Skin to skin contact will be avoided with your therapist wearing gloves. Only in exceptional circumstances would this not be the case and in such a case further mitigation taken. It is our aim to avoid such contact entirely at this time.
- Some longer treatments and multiples of treatments may be limited.
- A ‘service period’ will be left between each client to allow for sanitisation of equipment and surfaces etc. Clients arriving early will be asked to remain outside until such sanitisation is complete.
- WC facilities will not be offered to clients at this time. The internal layout of the salon has been altered slightly as to accommodate additional ventilation in line with guidance around airflow.
- Regrettably, a small charge of £1.50 is necessary to help cover additional costs.
- Vouchers purchased before lock down will be valid for a further four months from the date of issue.
What we ask of our clients:
- Attendance by appointment only. All bookings and consultations by telephone.
- Do not attend your appointment if feeling unwell, giving as much notice of cancellation as possible.
- Keep belongings brought into the salon to a minimum and if the removal of clothing is required please ensure any such clothing is ‘clean on’.
- Please bring only yourself to your appointment. Children, partners etc will not be permitted.
- Please arrive for your appointment at the given time slot.
- On arrival, please wait outside where you will be greeted and given entry to the salon.
- On entering the salon clients will be required to wash their hands with provided sanitiser and wear the face mask provided.
- During your actual treatment we ask that talking is kept to an absolute minimum and of low volume whilst your therapist is in close proximity.
- No food or drink is to be permitted (water may be provided).
- Please use toilet facilities at home before your appointment. For the moment, WC facilities will be limited to staff.
- Kim Stanley Health and Beauty shares an entrance foyer with Cleobury Chiropractic. Please be respectful of social distancing whilst entering/exiting the building.
Frustrating as such measures can be, the more we all do our bit by adhering to guidelines, the more we can help reduce infection rate; and the sooner we can all hope to see them eased. Full guidelines around close contact services can be found via the below link: